Thursday, March 19, 2015

Moonrise...Thereafter.

It doesn't feel like summer tonight. The air is blowing springtime chills in the corners of my thoughts. The last summer did not feel like this - it was a lot warmer than the coldest heart I kept in my bosom. But tonight is different. My presence in the shores of my childhood beach at 2:am used to be a common occurrence only in my mind. ...but tonight...is different. 

The moon rose in the eastern side of the sea. I could see silhouettes of fishermen and their boats gracing the still waters of the moonlit sea. How romantic this must be for a backdrop of a beautiful wedding. 

Has anyone been married at 3am in the morning by the sea? 

I stuck my chin to smell the air...and I felt the warmest kiss on my lips. Behold! my thoughts have given birth to you. Drown me and keep me there. 

No comments: