Sunday, December 20, 2009

I would normally love to see the clouds just outside my window... but not today ... and definitely not outside a plane's window. Things would've felt better if there were any magic cloud that would transform itself into something else instead of the usual cotton. Why not of my daughter running happily towards me at age 3? Why not of him carrying his black suitcase and a key to our room some 8 years ago? Why not of my long hair blowing in his face or a giant phone ringing off a phone call from him?

It was rainy when we got to our destination and I could not contain all the irritation over the simple coffee I made up so early in the morning and just left untouched in a metal mug I thought I was going to bring with me all the way to the airport. Worse, I placed milk in my coffee and I will not come back to it till January 11. Happy Holidays to all the agents of decay!

Things did not look so festive all the way to Antique until we got home. I could see how much time my mom has spent in putting up all those Christmas lights. She forgot all the other parts of the house that needed cleaning including our room and there are no helpers to do it this time, Great! Where have they all gone? Who invented Holidays that bring them home to their families?

When we got to my room, there was this very nice handmade card on top of our table and a gift too. On the card it read: Happy Anniversary Mommy and Daddy, I love you! I Oh. How sweet!
I looked into the box and I got out two pretty teddy bears kissing each other. I jokingly told my husband how the bears are far sweeter than he is and all he said back was: Bears in reality do kill! And I am pretty sure no bears ever kiss like that!
True!... I think he is right.

Now I am sure I will miss Christmases with him in my life.

No comments: