Saturday, July 11, 2009
A love well-kept
Since I am preparing contents and even images for my new blog site, I dared to check all CDs that I have long been keeping in my drawers in hopes of getting good ones that I could consider "blog-worthy". In the deepest and dustiest part of my box, I ran across this old CD that my honey personally burned for me - a compilation of all the photographs he took while he was working in Cambodia. It felt so nice to look at the world once again from his perspective. Some of the photographs really had to make me smile for he perfectly captured moments that I wouldn't even think of had the camera been in my hands instead. I am blessed with hundreds of photos from him all sorted out in different well-labeled folders. There are even images that he has started to edit using photoshop. Hahaaa. It is like looking at something he had a personal touch on. (Sigh). I miss him all the more... even when it seems so pathetic to think about all these alone now. Years have gone past and his image just drifts so far away from me now. Sometimes even the thoughts of him start to slip off my mind. There is simply no more wave coming from his end that could put my heart and thoughts about him back in track , and when that happens, I start to panic. But yes, I am able to help myself too. Sometimes I try to convince myself, that these things I am looking at now, might be a sign from him, that he will always be there and he would never leave me. Sometimes I am lead to think that he might even want me to look at the past and remember him exactly as I remember him now. He might indeed want me to look at these things and enjoy them the way he would if only he has the chance to see them too. At least I thought like that until I got to that part wherein my dvd drive refused to read the files anymore. I thought I went berserk hehe.I wanted to smash my new laptop or the spare DVD ROM that behaved the same when I fed the same disc to it. $%^&* Why did it have to happen just when I was looking at that folder labeled - House? I could not wait to see again how those pink stuff looked in his bed and how he smiled at the camera while taking a photograph of himself.... and the disc just went fu*&^%!!!???? I could not believe it. I got out the darn CD and realized it had a large scratch on one particular part of it. I thought of things and how to retrieve the data given the scenario. I tried all the stupid recovery software craps online and none of them worked. I read all the forums and thought of ways until I got to that simple suggestion that I could actually try rubbing a liquid polisher for brass on the scratched surface. It darn worked! You wouldn't believe how ecstatic I was and how I wanted to kiss that bottle of polisher or even drink it in celebration. Hahahaa. So here I am now... happy over all the copies I made and every single bit of data I burned on to a fresh disc for keeps- forever! Now I can work on some of his images too. I will finish what he started on photoshop and give him proper credits for it while I incorporate it in some parts of my blog. Don't worry my love, I shall not at all place your name. I know you wouldn't want that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment