Thursday, November 19, 2009
Sands of Time 2
I heard a loud crash in my room and when I came to look, I found out that it was my shoebox filled with all the Christmas decors from last year. When I picked them all and placed them all back in the box I found this pen that rolled far under my bed. It isn't an ordinary pen I thought... for it contains the sand that he once brought me. The pen has a transparent tube, I could see the brown sand inside. It was the sand he picked from Cambodia and brought to me as a present. He made a promise to me before, that he would always bring me sand from where he literally stood everyday so I would feel that he was always near me. It wasn't entirely his idea but he agreed with me that it was something unusual. It was an idea uniquely belonging to just the two of us. Now I am looking at that sand he gave me personally and I could not stop myself from smiling and at the same time crying while thinking of him. I never dared to touch the little rolled tissue placed in with the sand to prevent it from spilling out of the tube... he was the one who placed that in. Wherever my love is now... he no longer stands anywhere for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment