Monday, September 27, 2010

Thank you for the memories

I went out with my friend last Saturday and we both went for a little swim in the hotel where we both were health club members some 2 years ago. There wasn't anybody in the pool when we got there and everything seemed so still around us. The place rang with our laughter as we reminisced the past  and ofcourse your name had to surface as always whenever we had to talk about our precious love life. It was fun being with my old friend again and just like before, we also spoke of sad things. I haven't transcended much from that chapter where you have left me. And funny enough, wherever I looked, I saw reminders of you. It is almost as if, you have been mocking me all these years. As I lay afloat the 14ft deep waters of that pool, rain trickled on my face. I could hear my friend still talking to me and telling me about something, but my focus was on that red light of The City Garden. My friend's voice almost faded and I missed everything she spoke about as my mind went back to our room long ago. Then to the left I saw another blue light. It is from that of the very tall building called Fraser's Place. The rain started to come down heavily on us and it felt so nice on my face. I was lost  and in a pool of pleasant memories all of a sudden. I could almost feel him kissing me and I could almost feel his arms around me. I could almost believe in the thought that he is missing me right at that very moment.

Hey! Dya think it's a good idea to eat there?...  I heard my friend's voice again. She was asking me and I did not have any clue as to which place she was talking about. So I just said "yes".

We just had dinner at the Outback Steakhouse some 2 hours before swimming and after that we had to go to Fridays too?. Grrr.. I love eating but I really hoped I wouldn't be anywhere near Fridays anymore. :o( It would be too sad for me again because all I remembered that day was nothing and nobody but him. How I miss those days when my phone rang and I would be hearing his voice on the line. How I miss sitting anywhere in a restaurant and all I would be staring at was his face. At that time, I never saw this. I never saw he would be gone forever.

We left Fridays at about 11pm. And when I asked my friend where she was going to stay for the night, she hollered back at me, " Fersal! And I am not kidding."

I drove home that night with all the tears in my eyes again. I could not believe I even told my friend that it has always been the same with me.... that I have always loved you despite of everything and that I really do miss you more than anything.

No comments: