Thursday, December 20, 2007

T'was the night before Christmas

To my Attorney: You have stripped me off again of the 13th month pay and the bonus that I got for this year. I am more than sure that you will be having a very nice Christmas dinner with turkey and lamb on your table while I settle for the roasted chicken from Andok's.

Note I hung outside my door : "Ebenezer Scrooge's great grand daughter's residence"

To last year's carolers: Please don't come back again to sing with your accordions. But if you insist, please make sure that you look different this year so I won't recognize you. And oh! Please do something about the tune too. Thank you"

To my daughter: I am sorry my little darling but I don't think mommy can get you a real Hippopotamus for Christmas.

To my brother: Is it possible for you to include my name in your Christmas shopping list too? Please? The last gift you gave me was when you were 5 and I was 6. You gave me a rubber jack stone ball.

To my husband: Your presence is the greatest gift I could ever have this year. Please do get the tickets now. Thank you

To all my godchildren: Please do trust me when I say that gifts from Santa are always way way much better than those from me.

To my friends: Where are you guys?

No comments: