Monday, February 18, 2008

Four Days with Me

We were in Baguio and I know I made you hear this song. I remember you were wearing a red shirt that I got you. I thought you looked so good in it. I knew you didn't like Dead Can Dance much, but I saw in your eyes how much you listened to this song's lyrics.

Such brown eyes you've got- they were deserting me. I felt something strange for the first time - you were slowly slipping away from me.

To you, I play this song in my ears now


The Ubiquitous Mr Lovegrove

by: Brendan Perry of Dead Can Dance


I thought that you knew it all
Well you've seen it ten times before.
I thought that you had it down
With both your feet on the ground.
I love slow...slow but deep.
Feigned affections wash over me.
Dream on my dear
And renounce temporal obligations.
Dream on my dear
It's a sleep from which you may not awaken.

You build me up then you knock me down.
You play the fool while I play the clown.
We keep time to the beat of an old slave drum.
You raise my hopes then you raise the odds
You tell me that I dream too much
Now I'm serving time in disillusionment.

I don't believe you anymore...I don't believe you.

I thought that I knew it all
I'd seen all the signs before.
I thought that you were the one
In darkness my heart was won.

I don't believe you anymore...I don't believe you.

Never let it be said I was untrue
I never found a home inside of you.
Never let it be said I was untrue
I gave you all my time.

I wish I never had to associate you with this song. I still... would like to own you, and keep you and make you immortal. My love for you knows no end!


No comments: