My husband always opts to sit at the back whenever we are parked because it is more spacious at the back and he could rest his legs better. That night was no exception, he sat at the back with me and we both enjoyed our drinks ( Pepsi Max and Fit n’ Right) while enjoying the view and the coolness of the air around us. We were peacefully seated when suddenly two figures came around the corner towards the open windows. Even before realizing that they both had knives in their hands, I already knew what their motives where. At an instant I vociferously tried to grab my husband’s attention and pointed towards them for at that time, he wasn’t even facing the direction where the figures appeared. But that warning I gave him proved to be too late for when he turned to look at what I was pointing at, Assailant 1 already dubbed his sharp knife at him.
There were two of them with knives in their hands. Both of them appeared to be aged between 19-25, slender, short-haired, and brown-skinned. Assailant 1 was about 5 ft. 4 inches tall, was wearing a maroon bonnet hat, did not smell of alcohol but acted more berserk than Assailant 2. He was more slender than Assailant 2 also and perhaps even darker, and had a missing front tooth. The sides of his eyes were chinky-shaped and slightly grew a bit roundish towards the nose-bridge. Assailant 2 was shorter, with short black hair and did not at all have a striking feature that would make me remember his face much.
In panic, my husband swapped positions with me for a reason that was yet unknown to me at that moment. I was left to battle off Assailant 1 who at that time was standing so close to me outside the window and was threatening to jump in the car through the open window. I was trying to stop him from getting in by grabbing his wrists and at the same time pushing him away from the window. While still trying to beg him to not harm us and assuring him that I was going to give him what he wanted from us without any resistance, I was hoping that my husband would take the chance while he still had it, to move back to the driver’s seat and start the engine.
I however noticed that he did not make such a move at all. Instead he remained sitting behind me motionless and screaming “I’m loosing blood” over and over again. By then I have realized he was actually badly hurt. I panicked and turned to my husband and loosened my grip at Assailant 1’s writs. When I turned back to Assailant 1 he was already in the car with us and was pointing his very sharp double-bladed knife at my face. I begged him with more intensity to not hurt us anymore and was telling him that I was actually already going to reach for the things that he wanted and did not have the intention to resist him. He ordered me to tell my husband to not shout and make so much stir and he hit my right cheek with his left fist at the same time. He said he needed our cell phones and all of our cash as quick as possible and that I should give them to his companion who by then was standing outside with his own knife in his hand. When I did just as he said, I tried to beg Assailant 2 to just give me back our ID’s for they wouldn’t need them anyway. He agreed to it and allowed me to actually reach back into the bag and get all the cards that I needed. I had all my credit cards, ID’s and our bank cards back but both of our cell phones (Sony Ericson K770 and Motorolla razor), a black 2 Gig flash drive, my husband’s wedding ring (gold ring with 7 diamonds and my name engraved in it, caused 40K), 3 thousand pesos cash and some of our house bills were all left in the bag with him.
I realized that Assailant 1 was panicking inside the car for the alarm kept on sounding off and he could not unlock the doors and let himself out. In his panic, he tried to reach for the car keys while still not forgetting to keep pointing his knife at my husband. He did not stop threatening my husband and I with another dub of his knife if my husband did not stop wailing. My husband at that time was already panicking at the site of his own blood and was already slightly passing out. I begged the assailants to leave the car but I also have noticed how they were in a state of panic as any passer-by could notice what was going on inside the car since the fog has already receded around us. Assailant 1 started to reach for the locks again in hopes of letting himself out without having to turn his back on us since he also is aware that there is no other way out of the car but through the window again. We could anytime decide to kick him out and he could end up thrown unto a deep gutter just 2 feet away from the car. Assailant 2 tried to help him by removing the car keys from the engine but he also realized that that only caused the alarm to sound off even louder. I tried to get back the keys and literally pulled it off from his hand. He gave it back to me ordering me to stop the alarm. I also suggested that I was going to open the door for Assailant 1 and he could get out of the car safely and run away. I assured them that having them followed was the least of my priority and that I needed to get my husband to the hospital as quick as I could as he has already been loosing so much blood. Assailant 1 tried to threaten us even more by ordering his companion to go and fetch the gun for him so he could just kill us. When the doors was unlocked for them, Assailant 2 begged his companion to get out of the car and he even said to me “ Ma’am sorry, kailangan lang talaga naming ang pera kasi uuwi kami ng probinsya”. And then Assailant 1, while still pointing the knife at my face instructed me to never follow them till they are able to get into their own vehicle. I don’t think they did have an escape vehicle at all. They fled the scene with my husband half dead due to extreme blood loss.
I got out of the car to try to stop other vehicles for help. Nobody did stop for me except for 2 young men on a scooter. I briefly explained to them what went on and begged them to drive us to the hospital if any of them knew how to drive. But none of them could, so they offered to be the ones to call the police for us anyway. I could not drive, my fingers were cut and blood was dripping everywhere. In my panic that we were again left alone helpless, I was only able to drive almost a kilometre away from the scene in search of a police station. But I realized there was none in sight. No hospital either. When I stopped the car near a little bend close to seven-eleven, I sought help from passers-by. There were 3 men in a van (most likely a silver Starex) who asked few questions while noticing blood all over me. I was crying while begging for anybody who could sit in the car with us and actually drive us quick to the nearest hospital. One came down after quite a hesitation and drove us straight to the

Funny, but that yellow plastic bag was not at all there with us when it happened. It must be the bag from the hospital where they placed our blood-soaked belongings.
Now those seat pockets needed to be removed because they said the car stinks like a carcass. The pockets were filled with blood too


No comments:
Post a Comment