Sunday, May 2, 2010

Holiday gone wrong

It is getting so very hot all over the country that I am afraid I would not even smell as fresh as I normally would even 8 hours after a nice cool shower anymore. I think I need to take a shower now every single 5 minutes of the day. As I type now, I am even beginning to doubt the efficiency of our AC's thermostat. I have set it to the maximum coldness and still am feeling so warm in my jeans. I wish I can just be on a holiday again just like last weekend. I again went to Potipot Zambales with my good friends from my old work at MRM. There were 4 of us all in all who had fun there. It has been a long time since I last saw the girls and I just had fun with them all the way till we all headed home on Sunday. Things started to go wrong on our way home. I realized when I stepped out of the car that there was some sticky substance splashed all over the doors on the driver's side. Our oil was leaking. Great! So we were still some 60 kilometers away from Manila and there is no way for us to get the engine starting since our oil tank is drained of oil already. We were lucky enough to discover it on time before I could just say goodbye to our car forever. The most dreadful thing only started to happen after that - we needed to find a mechanic. So we were in this gas station around 8pm, no in house mechanic, no cash left to pay for mechanical jobs, no ATM machines that worked and no shops that took in credit cards too. Whew!. When we got the mechanic to come assess the damage, they've told us that there was too much oil placed in the tank that it created so much pressure on the oil seal. It took them some 3 hours to remove and dismantle the parts that held the damaged part and they had to leave the station to find a shop that sold exactly the same model. That did not happen within the night that all of us had to stay awake till 9am. I was lightheaded and almost dead when they came back the the holy oil seal. Another 3 hours of working on it and we were back on the road. But that journey did not take us far away from where we last stopped as we had to stop and see for ourselves that we still were dripping oil. WHAAAAT? THEIR JOB AND THE MONEY WE PAID THEM DID NOT AT ALL WORK???  So I dialed their number and got them to follow us on the next station again. When they came to have a look at it again, they seemed to not know the reason why and gladly blamed everything to my air conditioning kit. What the F@#$% you talking about now? Our aircon is perfectly new and am sure it has got nothing to do with oil leaks at all. I could not believe them at all that we just drove off out of anger and hoped we would reach Manila anyway. We did after just 1 hour and we immediately had to just bring Mitsy to the autoshop to get the proper diagnosis. It was there that we all found out that those mechanics at the station actually damaged the the crankshaft. Whatever that is, I am not quite sure but the experts say that the crankshaft is the part where the oil seal will have to sit on. The A!@#$%s just used the wrong tools in removing the parts that they have hammered some irregular dents on the crankshaft that it no longer can hold the oil seal tightly. I continuously dripped oil and I would have to have it repaired or just throw the car away. So I have a truly good choice now huh, Great! So now I have to F@#$% prepare a nice amount of expenses for that, no car for 1 week and broke too. I ended up paying those F@#$%^ there at the station to ruin the car even more and spend all the more. I should have just paid for a towing service after all. By then I wouldn't have to go through these unnecessary spending :( Anyway, to look at things at a more positive point of view, at least I did not end up with a broken engine. Grrrrr. Now I need to call those mechanics and thank them for being such A@# H#$%^ who wanted nothing but money and did not really know what they were doing. They asked for 5 thousand for nothing really. They did all their best to dissuade us from getting a towing service telling us it would be more expensive than having them fix the car for us. Wankers!

Very hot day

Made some leaf bbq too

did not choose to go under that tree. tons of ants.. really red ants

that there is potipot island

neighbors waiting for their ride




my bbq


swam away from the jelly fishes

This part of the beach actually had a great divide. just 2 meters away from me was already a deep trench. not many tourists were brave enough to choose the same spot. We liked it there coz everyone knows how to swim and there were no people to bother us. But we had the jellyfishes. hehe.

very steep drop after the turquoise waters. nobody was aloud to go beyond the yellow marks.

we were daring each other to go swim over the trench

No comments: